Sisters and Friends of United Christian Women of the Church of Christ,
Are you familiar with the song, Grateful, Grateful, Gratefulness, Flowing from my heart are the vision from my heart, is gratefulness?
All of the sisters with UCW are grateful for your attendance at our 25th anniversary UCW seminar. A number of things we can be grateful for.
*Top thing on our list is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit was there and the salvation which is given to us through JESUS CHRIST.
Grateful, grateful, for this weekend that we have been richly taught and spiritually revived by our motivational speaker, Dr. Shirley Nash Webber, luncheon speaker, Dr. Cherry Houston, Lois Johnson with the UCW Mass Choir, and our keynote speaker, Deborah Houston, grateful, grateful, grateful.
- Grateful to our founder, Donna Davis for her vision for us to be united together.
- Add yet another thing to be grateful, the fellowship with Christian friends and meeting of new friends.
- We are grateful to all of the UCW committees members, we know they do the work, but this weekend it is important to note that our desire was that God will be given all of the glory, honor and praise: Romans 11:36.
- Grateful to all of the UCW committees who made this event a marvelous event and best in it’s history.
*Lastly but not least grateful, grateful, for the morning worship with Dr. Carl Baccus, “the preacher” and Willie Norwood, “the song leader.” The spirit was in the house.
It will be well to note the importance, which the spirit of God places upon a correct walk in Christ.In Colossians 1: 9-10 we have the apostle’s pray for the Lord’s people.The order of petitions is important:
- “That ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will;”
- “That ye might walk worthy of the lord;” and
- “ Being fruitful in every good work.”
Business cannot incorporate it, Engineers cannot calculate it, Governments cannot legislate it, and Scientist cannot formulate it!!
Only we, as sisters in Christ can orchestrate it. Hopefully sisters will go and orchestrate Unity in Christ, Unity, Jesus’ Prayer: Our Purpose, our theme for UCW 25th Seminar for 2013.
I am so grateful, for all of you and I hope and pray those of you that came, left refreshed, encouraged, and secure in his great name.
Bobbie Baccus Lanham,
2013 General Coordinator
“I can do all things through Christ who Strengthens me” Philippians 4:13